16 August, 2014

Make an Effort Monday!

Betazoid Dad and I have decided to dedicate one day a week to dressing up nicely--to expand our wardrobe horizons and to start off the week at our best. This will be our first week. It's part of a larger campaign I have to refine our wardrobes, mostly pruning for me, and adding a few new things to the mix for Betazoid Dad.  I have been finding my clothes very frustrating lately, since I am still breastfeeding and I still need to wear compatible clothes. I have a whole closet full of adorable dresses that are sadly useless this summer. I also need to make sure my clothes are suitable for crawling around with the Tiny Captain, but I can still make an effort to look more pulled together. 

Ok, well I know that it is technically Tuesday, but I want to share a few thoughts on how our first Fancy Pants Monday went (still undecided on the name).  Betazoid Dad did fine, he normally wears Jeans and a button down to the office, and instead he wore khakis, a button down, and some nicer accessories. A soft start, but it's summer, neither of us like the heat, and we are still working on options for him. I started out in a dark denim pencil skirt, a tunic blouse, and a cardigan, but while I was baby wearing and trying to get Picard to nap, we had a bit of a diaper leak.  Alas.  Also, no pictures, because it was a busy evening and we just wanted to get into our jim jams after baby bedtime. Sorry not sorry. The outfits will be better next week. 

No comments: